Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Parisian Style Engagement Party!!

I'm a little behind these days! A couple weeks ago, I threw my best friend & brother-in-law an engagement party(how amazing is that??!). My best friend loves a black, white & pink color scheme. I thought- topiaries, hints of green, a little shabby chic pieces here & there...Parisian Party!! We were dealing with a small budget for a party of 40 people with hors d'oeuvres, dinner, cocktails & dessert. I put on my chef apron & got to work! I'm a big fan of DIY & details, but as most DIYers know, all those details can get a little costly. I immediately began search the Internet for some inexpensive ways to make beautiful centerpieces. Along came the crepe paper rosettes! If anyone has ever began the adventure of the rosettes, it goes without explaining; these things take FOREVER! I was determined though. I wanted to do 4 large topiaries, 4 centerpieces & 2 framed signs. I enlisted the help of my 2-year-old & she loved balling up those strips of crepe paper for me! I think the party came out pretty cute & everyone seemed to have a great time. On the menu we served a tomato bruschetta, a cream cheese spread, bacon wrapped chicken, baked ziti & tomato basil pasta (the couple loves Italian food). For dessert I prepared carrot cupcakes, brownies bites & sugar cookies. We offered beer, a white sangria & lemonade.


  My recent obsession: weddingchicks.com They have THE most amazing free printables! They are completely customizable & FREE! All the signs and labels were used from their amazing selection.



The bar. I didn't take a picture with the punch bowl & french beverage dispensers. :( whoops!


I live for dessert tables. I wanted to keep this one simple & use some pictures of the beautiful couple to really make it theirs.






The cake stands were all plates & candle sticks found at the dollar store! I've got no shame in my game!! :)



Those of us that have purchased Styrofoam balls at the craft store know they can really get pricey. My solution: paper mache! I even got my 2-year-old involved & it ended up being a fun activity for us to do together!





For the favors, I kept it simple with  little brown lunch sacks with labels saying "Take Home Something Sweet". I thought the guests would enjoy a late night snack :)



I always love to have some sort of guest book for people to remember who was there for them & what the day meant to them. I had everyone leave little notes of love or advice for the couple to look back on throughout their happily ever after.


This topiary was 4 dollar store candle sticks glued together(Use E300 glue, I learned the hard way that hot glue does not hold)! A guest actually complemented my "crystal"! I couldn't help but pat myself on the back!


I wish the couple a lifetime of happiness!
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment